Accepta 2978 is a “next generation” stabilised bromine biocide formulated using a new, advanced stabiliser to create a super concentrated, activated bromine liquid that gives excellent, long-lasting results against problematic biofilm, algae and a wide range of bacteria including Legionella.
Accepta 2978 is formulated using an advanced patented compound that works to stabilise the activated bromine in solution without interfering with its biocidal properties. This significantly increases the active component available in solution (by up to 68%), reduces product application rates and improves monitoring and system control for a more effective, cost efficient water treatment solution.
Application Areas for Stabilised Bromine
Accepta 2978 is a powerful, single-feed stabilised bromine biocide in liquid form developed for use in industrial and commercial re-circulating cooling water systems, but is also ideal for a range of other applications including:
- Industrial and commercial re-circulating cooling water systems with longer half-life.
- Air washers.
- Water features and fountains.
- Food and beverage pasteurisers.
- Paper processing.
- Oil recovery systems including fracking.
- Enhanced performance. Improved product stability delivers significant increases in the availability of active biocidal component (up to 68%).
- Cost effective. Reduced product application rates.
- Powerful. Long-lasting results against biofilm, algae and bacteria including legionella.
- Improved control. Optimise product dosing and control using ORP to save money and improve system protection.
- Easy to use. Single feed, pre-activated solution for easy application.
- Effective at elevated pH >9.
|Activity:||10 - 10.2% as Cl2 (23% as Br2)|
|pH (1% solution):||12.1|
|Specific gravity:||1.43 - 1.47|
|Density:||1.44 - 1.46|
|Freezing point (oC):||< -1|
|Solubility in water:||Complete|
|Shelf life:||> 1 year|
*Full details of the product properties are available in the Safety Data Sheet. See below.
*This product is not for use within the EU*
Application & Dosage Information
Application rates for Accepta 2978 vary according to the conditions identified at specific sites.
For further assistance please contact Accepta technical support team.
It is always advisable to carry out a 'Control Of Substances Hazardous to Health' (COSHH) assessment before use.
At end use concentrations, Accepta 2978 is compatible with all commonly used materials of construction used in cooling systems.
For undiluted product, compatible materials include:
- High density polyethylene (HDPE),
- PTFE (Teflon),
- Tygon tubing,
- chlorobutyl rubber,
- Hastelloy C-276
Incompatible materials include:
- Carbon steel
- Stainless steel
- Galvanized steel
- Slicone gaskets
- Plasite 4300
Store product in a cool, dry environment in the original container. Avoid freezing temperatures, extreme heat and direct sunlight.
Safety, Storage & Handling
For full details concerning safety precautions, storage and handling procedures for Accepta 2978 please refer to the latest Safety Data Sheet. To download the latest safety data for this product use the following link: