Accepta 3548 is a very highly refined odourless hydrocarbon based solvent cleaner that is free from aromatic species. It is scientifically formulated for use where odour, toxicology and taint are unacceptable and as a replacement for 1,1,1 Trichloroethane and other chlorinated and fluoro-chlorinated solvents.
NOTE: This product is no longer available. If you require an alternative product or technical assistance please contact us.
This specialised formulation has been developed to replace such common place materials as kerosene, white spirit and ozone depleting solvents for use in working environments where odour, toxicology and taint are unacceptable.
Technically advanced, Accepta 3548 is also intended as a specialised replacement for 1,1,1 Trichloroethane and other chlorinated and fluoro-chlorinated solvents, scheduled for discontinuation under the Montreal Protocol**.
The totally odour-free character of Accepta 3548, coupled with its low evaporation rate and vapour losses, are ideal for manual degreasing, spot cleaning and bench cleaning work using spraying and wiping techniques.
Accepta 3548 achieves superior results without softening or dulling plastics or painted surfaces.
Safer and more economical, this is an ideal formula for degreasing electrical and electronic components either in situ or in dip tanks where vapour phase cleaning is impractical.
Accepta 3548 is a proven performer in a range of industries:
- Food and beverage manufacturing plants
- Engineering and construction industries
- Textile manufacturing and processing
- Plastics and electronic industries
- Armed forces and public utilities
- Technically advanced hydrocarbon solvent, free from aromatic species
- Ideal replacement for 1,1,1 Trichloroethane and other chlorinated and fluoro-chlorinated solvents
- Low volatility - safer and more economical in use
- Safer for the environment – does not contribute towards ozone depletion
- Low contribution to VOC emissions
- Less wastage – up to 50 times slower in evaporation than 1,1,1 Trichloroethane
- Compatibility - will not soften or dull plastics or painted surfaces
|Odour:||Odourless or no characteristic odour|
|Flash point:||> 55 oC|
|Auto ignition temp:||405 oC|
|Boiling point:||200 oC|
*Full details of the product properties are available in the Safety Data Sheet. See below.
Application & Dosage Information
Accepta 3548 should be used as supplied and, in most cases, at ambient temperature.
Accepta 3548 may be used by spraying, brushing or wiping onto the subject surface and finishing with an absorbent lint-free cloth or disposable wiper.
Additional benefit may be gained by using Accepta 3548 at slightly higher temperatures (up to 30°C or 35°C) where softening of stubborn soils will offer an advantage.
Note - Due regard should be paid to the combustibility and flash point of Accepta 3548 in this context.
It is always advisable to carry out a 'Control Of Substances Hazardous to Health' (COSHH) assessment before use.
For further technical assistance concerning Accepta 3548 please contact Accepta.
Safety, Storage & Handling
For full details concerning safety precautions, storage and handling procedures for Accepta 3548 please refer to the latest Safety Data Sheet. To download the latest safety data for this product use the following link: