Accepta 7120 are high performance, eco-friendly oil absorbent pillows scientifically formulated and developed for use in oil separators, oil interceptors and for pollution control and oil clean-up operations.
Accepta 7120 are innovative oil absorbent pillows developed specifically to help control pollution arising from oily water discharges from oil separators, oil interceptors and drainage culverts.
Accepta 7120 preferentially absorbs oils and greases, helping to accelerate the breakdown of absorbed hydrocarbons by bacterial action. The pillows are designed for the continuous absorption of oily waste but may also be used to assist in spill clean up operations absorbing excess oils and grease from accidental spillages.
Combining a blend of hydrocarbon degrading bacteria and oleophilic fibre, Accepta 7120 degrades the blooms of hydrocarbon-based materials commonly found in interceptors and similar oily water catchment systems.
Eco-Friendly Hydrocarbon Control
Accepta's bioremediation pillow units are specially treated to give oleophilic (oil attracting) properties with hydrophobic (water repellent) filament yarn. The choice of pillow fibre and their construction has been optimised to give an exceptionally high void volume of 92%, for maximum absorption.
Stitch bonding provides high tensile strength, dimensional stability and prevents breakdown when fully loaded with oily waste.
- Easily placed in the surface layer of an interceptor or laid in culverts to remove surface oils. Simply tie to any convenient fixing point
- Requires no maintenance other than periodic replacement, (approximately every 6 months)
- Once the bacteria start growing each pillow is capable of degrading in excess of 1.5 kg of oily waste per week
- Non-toxic, contains no hazardous materials
- Supports function of natural bacterial flora to digest oils and grease
- Significantly reduces the volume of free oils in an interceptor
- When source of oils can be predicted, pillow contents can be optimised to deal with expected contamination
- Safe to use and requires no hazardous chemical labelling
- Special treatment repels water to give maximum absorption
- Tough, resilient and very durable
- After use each pillow can be disposed of as dry waste
Application & Dosage Information
The pillow immediately absorbs any free oils within the surface water and is capable of absorbing up to 14 times its own weight (equivalent to 9 litres).
Over a 4 month period Accepta estimate that each standard size pillow has a potential to change in excess of 18 Kg of oily waste into carbon dioxide and water.
After use each pillow can be disposed of as dry waste since hydrocarbon is reduced to carbon dioxide and water.
It is always advisable to carry out a 'Control Of Substances Hazardous to Health' (COSHH) assessment before use.
Safety, Storage & Handling
For full details concerning safety precautions, storage and handling procedures for Accepta 7120 please refer to the latest Safety Data Sheet. To download the latest safety data for this product use the following link: